Marine Corps Tactical Systems Support Activity (MCTSSA)
Service or Branch:
Camp Pendleton , CA
Computer and Computational Sciences, Electrical Engineering
Our Mission is to provide test and evaluation, engineering, and deployed technical support for USMC and joint service command, control, computer, and communications (C4) systems throughout all acquisition life-cycle phases.
MCTSSA specializes in:
- Enterprise and Tactical Network/Application testing
- Assessment of new and emerging C4 technology
- Enterprise and Tactical WAN/LAN network efficiency and cybersecurity
- Adversarial Penetration testing of C4 systems and networks
- C4 operations and interoperability
- Application and Network trouble-shooting and root-cause analysis
- Radio Frequency (SATCOM, Tactical Radio, Commercial Wireless, GPS)
- Test automation
- Technical research
- In-service engineering
- Deployed support
We work closely with the other services to ensure Marine Air-Ground Task Force (MAGTF) systems integrate and operate flawlessly on land, air, sea and cyberspace within the MAGTF and among services and coalition partners.
Our Vision is to deliver superior tactical mission capabilities through the highly efficient and seamless interoperation of C4 systems.
MCTSSA is located on the ocean front of Camp Pendleton, California in northern San Diego County. Newly hired engineers and scientists are developed through mentoring, internal and external rotations, training, certification and hands-on experience from entry level to full performance across a broad range or Marine Air-Ground Task Force (MAGTF) C4 systems.
We provide a hands-on, high fidelity test and evaluation environment with a wide-range of C4 systems. Our workforce is nearly equally divided between civilian engineers and active duty personnel to ensure Joint and MAGTF systems are operationally sound, secure and interoperable.